Apple iOS 14.4 Beta Update, Screen Home & Download Link…Apple is releasing the first developer beta of iOS 14.4 today. The update comes two days after iOS 14.3 was released to the general public. Apple has also released the first developer beta of iPadOS 14.4 today as well as tvOS 14.4 beta 1 and watchOS 7.3 beta 1. iOS 14.4 beta 1 is available to developers via an over-the-air update in the Settings app. As usual, if the update does not immediately appear for download, keep checking, as it sometimes takes a few minutes to roll out to all registered developers. iOS 14.4 beta 1 features the build number 18D5030e.
iOS 14.3 was released to the general public earlier this week, bringing a variety of notable changes. Some of those changes included support for Apple Fitness+ and AirPods Max, ProRAW on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, and enhancements to the TV application.
Apple iOS 14.4 Beta Profile:
iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
- Smaller QR codes can be recognized by the Camera
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This Release also fixes the following Issues:
- Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
- The fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
- Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear on the keyboard
- The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
- Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
- Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen
Apple iOS 14.4 Jailbreak:
All of today’s beta releases from Apple are below:
- iPadOS 14.4 developer beta 1, build number: 18D5030e
- tvOS 14.4 developer beta 1, build number: 18K5780c
- iOS 14.4 developer beta 1, build number: 18D5030e
- watchOS 7.3 developer beta 1, build number: 18S5780d
iOS 14.4.1, iPadOS 14.4.1: How to download 14.4 Beta?
Users who are currently using Apple iPhone 6s and later models are eligible to Download iOS 14.4 Beta Profile Similarly, Apple has provided iPadOS 14.4.1 for iPad Air 2 and later as well as iPad mini 4 and newer models. You can check for the new update on your iPhone or iPad by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
How to install the iOS 14.4 Update using Software Update on your iPhone
The easiest way for most people to download iOS is over-the-air, directly on their device. It’s fast, it’s efficient, and it’s simple to do.
- Make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode, if prompted.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm.
The download will begin automatically. If the download does not begin right away, you may see a notice: “Preparing to download.” Give it a couple of minutes and the download will begin shortly.
If you spot any changes in iOS 14.4 beta 1, or the other new betas from Apple today, let us know in the comments below or on. Stay tuned for our full hands-on coverage with the new releases right here at the latest ios update today.